Today was not a great day. I’ve just been kind of off, things have been hitting me weird. But I decided to look again at that planning the year thing from last year. It has a section called “magic triplets” which are meant to be sets of three things that will have relevance for the year ahead.
It seems like a good “having a day” activity to repeat this for the coming year.
So the first one is three things I like about myself:
- I think I’m a pretty good guy
- I amuse myself (I’m funny)
- I’m good at reading situations and people
The second one is three things I want to achieve this year:
- Lose some weight
- Make more time for myself just for myself
- Make something every month– at least one thing every month– just as a hobby
I’m ready to let go of these three things:
- My anger at people who split the Democratic party and led to Trump winning the election
- my hatred of Tom Brady. It’s getting tiresome.
- The third one is personal. Like too personal to put on my blog personal. But it involves Michigan and some stuff.
Then it asks three things to dare to discover:
- If I’m allergic to tattoo ink
- Last year I said “what happens if you speak pointedly to an administrator,” so this year let’s go with “what happens if you get dogged by an administrator, point out that you’re the expert in the area being discussed, and the administrator persists to the point that you can’t keep your mouth shut.” I know some people know what I mean here. 🙂
- This one will sound stupid, but I’m having a Kramer at the Car Dealership moment with a tube of tooth paste. I bought a replacement for it two months ago, but I’m still getting enough paste to clean my teeth every day. I want to see how far the rabbit hole goes. When will there literally be NO tooth paste in the tube? Like zero? Can I make it another 14 days to my birthday?
Three things I will have the power to say no to:
- extra work in the form of favors to people
Three things I will make my surroundings cozy with:
Three things I will do every day:
- Brush my teeth (can’t slack on that tube!)
Three things I will pamper myself with:
- better clothing (or just more quirky t-shirts and shorts)
- the finest dijon ketchups
Three places I will visit:
- San Francisco
- Rusev Land
I will connect with my loved ones these three ways:
- game night?
Three presents I will use to reward myself for successes:
- new games
- new toys
- I think I want carpet for my home office
I also vowed to get some dragon stickers to decorate the 2018 version of my year-to-come. so I’m on that.